‘You are never fully dressed without a smile‘
Everyone knows this right? Even Sia sang it in a song. Not only does smiling make you look a lot better , studies show that it has so many other benefits.
• Smile, it’s contagious – Smiling not only has a positive effect on your mood, it also has a positive effect on people around you as it makes them feel better.
• Smiling lowers stress and anxiety – It’s not easy to keep smiling in stressful situations, but studies report that doing exactly that has health benefits.
• Smiling makes you more attractive – Smiles are quite attractive for more reasons than one. A smile suggests that you’re easy going, and empathetic and actually makes you more attractive to those you smile at.
• Smiling makes you more approachable – Scrap that frown and replace it with a smile if you want to make some friends! People are more willing to engage socially with others who are smiling as it shows you are willing to talk and interact.
• Smiling makes you look younger – Smiles naturally lifts the face and studies have shown that people who smile more often live longer too, around 7 years longer than most according to one study.
• Smiling encourages trust – Studies show that we are more trustful of others when they smile and smile genuinely. And trust is important when dealing with people.
• Smiling lowers heart rate – Smiling slows the heart and relaxes the body. People who smile and laugh often are less likely to develop heart disease.
It takes fewer muscles to frown than to smile. So wear a SMILE it doesn’t cost a DIME. 😊